ABOUT MAAA MAAA SKATING
The objectives of the MAAA are as follows:
1) To promote and govern the MAAA and our athletic associations
2) To teach and encourage fair play, good sportsmanship and good citizenship
3) To encourage and support the participation of amateur athletes
1) Created in 1943. To commemorate 50 years in existence the MAAA contributed to a new sound system for the arena in 1992. A plaque to record this event is proudly displayed in the lobby with the following motto, "Pride in Our Past - Faith in our Future".
2) Incorporated on October 28th, 1986.
3) Rules of Operation for Figure Skating, Hockey, and Ringette were adopted in April 2000.
4) Spring of 2000, Brendan McCausland won the draw for naming the Meaford teams, - Mustangs.
President - Rob Pilon 519-538-5469
Vice President - Joanne Collyer 519-538-3944
Treasurer - Nita Irwin (519) 538-2782
Secretary - Michelle Fleming (519) 538-5217
Fundraising Chair - Jenn Wright 519-538-3214
Skating Chair - Shelly Knight 519-538-4347
Skating Vice President - Chris Davies 519-538-0958
Ball Chair - Wayne Kaus 226-668-3479
Photo Gallery -
Apple Bin Race - Golf Tournaments - Atom Champs - Fall Fair - MAAA BBQ.
Christmas Fun Skate - Ice Dreams - Skating Club Awards - Carwash - Midget Champs
All Stars - Pizza Day
|M.A.A.A. Skating Club|
|Shelly Knight - Chair person of The Skating Club - 519-538-4347.|
|CanSkate is Skate Canada's flagship learn-to-skate
program, designed for beginners of all ages. When you sign up for CanSkate
you will be in a program that focuses on fun, participation and basic skill
development. You will earn badges and other incentives as you learn fundamental
skating skills. Lessons are given in a group format and led by an NCCP
certified professional coach. Professional coaches are assisted by trained
STARSkate offers opportunities for skaters of all ages to develop fundamental figure skating skills in the areas of ice dance, skating skills, free skate and interpretive skating. Unique in Canada, this program teaches figure skating skills in a group and/or private lesson format in a progressive and sequential manner and includes specifically designed awards and incentives. Skaters have the opportunity to take Skate Canada Tests through a nationally standardized testing system. Skills, Tests, Achievement, Recognition - this is what STARSkate is all about!